Monday 24 February 2014

LONDON FASHION WEEKEND







My shoes are from ASOS; trousers Jane norman; bag Primark; belt Primark, watch Michael Kors
____________________________________________________

So,here's what I wore in London Fashion Weekend, Somerset house really does look amazing in the background even though the weather was not one of the best but on the positive side,  it wasn't as worst either. This was also my very first time visiting the show after wanting to go for years. Last year, I really wanted to go but since I was only seventeen, I had to bring an adult with me but some of the friends I asked didn't showed much interest; apart from my friend who was the same age as me. (started from the bottom now I'm here:P ,Jokes.)

I had an absolutely amazing day street- styling and wearing one of my OWN design, YES my own. Believe me or not but I made this coat in less than three hours, It was a very rushed piece but nevertheless I was very pleased with it. The amount of positive feedback I got from people that I met in London Fashion Weekend and the continuous request of taking the picture of my outfit was just a big highlight of that day. Not only has it increased my confidence level but it has also given me a  bit of  'hope' that maybe, I do belong in the world of designs; maybe. 

The reason for using the baby blue colour is because this season its all about pastel colours and some vibrant colours like lime, bright orange. You may have noticed by now, I have a mutual connection towards bright bold colours whether it is in a college project work or fashion styling. so therefore, I wanted to create a unique piece to wear with an outstanding colour; one that would stand out in the crowd. It wasn't until the mid way while making the garment that I decided why not just a sleeve on one side of my coat to add a bit of edgy feel. So I did.  

Trying out some outstanding sunglasses from Sun hut with babs!
And, some Swatch watches who have brought out the pastel, candy colours this season.. 


beautiful accessories in Somerset house


The trend CATWALK was 40 minutes long which highlighted the must have trends for SS14;
 PRECIOUS METALS, FLOWER POWER, LACE UP & GOOD SPORT. The collection overall was absolutely outstanding but my favourite one has definitely got to be Lace up because Lace has always been my favourite. But, they say that this year it's all about flower power and yes, I do agree. To look more into the trend catwalk visit this link!!! I will definitely be adding some floral dresses in my wardrobe this season and to see some of my styles please do keep an eye on my blog!

till next time,
Stylewithlim x 







No comments:

Post a Comment