Thursday 20 March 2014

ARCHITECTURE INSPIRED!

(Special thanks to my bestie babs who is/would make an absolute gorgeous model)
(And, to my Nahmazing sis Nabina, somehow managed to do a professional shoot at home)
Last but not least, wearing my fav design and styling it with fur!

Introducing my Architecture inspired designs! This asymmetric designs with bold prints was the result of  research and in-depth studying of buildings; mostly Art deco. Being a girl who loves bright colours, this project was a huge challenge for me to come out of my comfort zone and experiment with Black & White which is very unlikely of me. (Not that I hate Black & White, It just doesn't feel right without colours). I did try  the prints in different colours but nothing worked the best like it did on these colours.
 As Karl Lagerfeld would say-"One is never over-dressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress."
Phew! so don't know how I managed to make three designs in that short amount of time but nevertheless, got a DISTINCTION OMG which I'm very very pleased about. Kudos! to my beautiful two models who played a major role in my project. we had so much fun doing our shoot with good laughs and yes, I am the stylist, designer and photographer behind the scenes boss.
The next project will be my last one for this year (still can't believe how quickly this year has gone by), It will be nothing like my designs you've seen so far; Its about time I step up my game even further. I'm really pushing myself to see and explore what I'm really capable of.  Life really is about challenging your boundaries, trying something new and enjoying your journey throughout. And don't forget - just have fun!
Laters,
                                                                  Stylewithlim x

No comments:

Post a Comment