Thursday 27 March 2014

SHOWTIME IN SOUTHAMPTON

So, I have a very very exciting news and I could not wait to share it with you guys. I had an interview with Southampton Solent university yesterday and it went really well,in fact; It couldn't have been any better. After looking through my portfolio and my sketchbooks, the interviewer was really impressed with my work especially with my recent project  "Architecture Inspired" collection (you'll know if you've had a look at my blog, insta, facebook and other social sites..) so they immediately asked me to be part of their upcoming fashion show "The Structured Runway". I know that this is a very rare opportunity for a student studying in a foundation degree so there was no way I would not take this opportunity.

The other thing that I'm really looking forward to in this show is collaborating with a  mixture of highstreet, designer collections and stores such as TK Maxx, Swatch, Foxy Lady, Devenois, Klass Design plus many more designers yet to be added in this event.Also, this will be the first time where someone will be wearing my design in a runway show.  Therefore, I'm really nervous but excited at the same time (a pool of emotions)!!

The venue will be taking place in "Grand Cafe" based in Southampton. According, to my research Grand Cafe is a beautiful restaurant based in one of Southampton's oldest buildings - South Western House. Built in 1872 South Western House was the most lavish hotel around, first class passengers who were boarding the Titanic stayed there. But in this 21st century, this building holds appartments and the resturant "Grand Cafe".



                                          Pictures from Stevie Hearts Makeup


The place will be set up according to the fashion Runway show but the venue looks amazing! I most definately look forward to it. The address of the "Grand Cafe" is South Western House, Southampton, SO14 3AS and the show is taking place on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 at 6:30pm but I will also be there on Wednesday to do model fitting and choosing the shoes & accessories for my model from the designers collection.

 If you have time and your interest lies within fashion or you go to the Solent University please do come to the show but you'll need to get your tickets as this show has been very popluar and they're running out of them. So get yours as soon as you can! GO! GO! GO!

Stylewithlim x





No comments:

Post a Comment